How to Structure an SEO-Friendly Blog Article
Having a blog on your business website has great benefits in terms of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It can help your website rank higher on search engines if you know how to structure SEO-friendly blog articles.
In our previous article, we wrote about how to choose the best topics for your blog. Today, we will go over the basics of writing SEO-friendly blog posts to attract traffic to your website.
You can also download our PDF guide for more detailed guidelines at the end of this article.
Main Elements of SEO-Friendly Blog
We can talk about six key elements of SEO while writing a blog:
- Keywords – Choose your keywords wisely and use them in the right places
- Meta description – Write a brief description of your article in an SEO-friendly way
- Post title – Structure an attention-grabbing title with the right length and strong wording
- Post content – Organize your content with a good readability score in the right structure
- Internal & external links – Give links to your website and third-party sources in your post
- Image optimization – Optimize the size and “Alt Text” of the images used in your post
Detailed explanations and instructions for each of these elements can be found in our PDF guide for SEO-Friendly Blog Writing which you can download below.
Keeping an eye on all these elements may seem too much in the beginning; however, consider it a process. Once you get used to writing in an SEO-friendly way, you’ll intuitively follow the rules.
Additionally, there are some useful tools that can facilitate your writing process which include:
- SEO Plug-ins that can assist you throughout your writing journey by scoring your articles’ SEO and pointing out the elements that need to be fixed. Two good examples are AIOSEO and Yoast SEO. They both have free and premium versions to choose from.
- Google Keyword Planner where you can check the feasibility of your keywords.
- Writing Assistance Tools that can help you see the readability grade and the Flesch reading ease score. A good example of that is Pro Writing Aid where you can see all the aspects of your writing. There are free and premium versions of this tool, too.
Please note that this is NOT sponsored content, and we’re not paid for any of these referrals. We’re just sharing the tools that we use and are happy with.
Rule of thumb
Before finalizing this post, I’d like to make sure that you know the rule of thumb for writing blog posts: NEVER COPY-AND-PASTE!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist the urge to shout it aloud. If you copy and paste even a portion of your blog post from some other online source, it will ruin your ranking in the search engines. In addition, you take the risk of copyright claims.
In conclusion, just write it yourself from scratch or hire a professional to do it for you. Otherwise, all your efforts will go to waste.
If you have any questions about writing blogs, feel free to ask in the comments below. You can also book a free consulting session to discuss your specific needs.
Send download link to:
SEO-Friendly Blog Guide
Send download link to: